In this critical role you will act as the people and production supervisor for a Cell manufacturing shift in North America's leading Solar PV manufacturing facility. This position will supervise and coordinate activities of an entire shift of production operators a manufacturing environment using established procedures and policies.
As a member of a growing team you will work with your peers to develop core manufacturing processes and practices. You will participate in a variety of core projects aimed at implementation, training, cost reduction, continuous improvement and organizational development.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Serve as a role model to support and maintain a safe working environment by applying, teaching, and monitoring the use of established company safety programs on the manufacturing floor
- Support continuous improvement as it relates to a safe environment and its practice
- Promptly deliver safety suggestions to the HSE team.
- Participate in ERT activities including Training and Staffing
- Manage appropriate responses to workplace safety incidents and perform root cause analysis of safety issues
- Achieve yield goals through the use and understanding of SPC tools on the factory floor.
- Support and drive Quality by engaging with established company quality programs such as 5S and other lean manufacturing programs, ensuring continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and work areas that are clean, neat, and organized.
- Partner with engineering and quality to drive continuous improvements in area operations to improve overall Equipment Efficiency.
- Take responsibility for executing programs in cost, yield, quality, cycle time and productivity improvements.
People Management and Development:
- Develop your production team members to ensure that appropriate certification exists for all aspects of defined work within the Cell production area. Work to ensure that operators have sufficient job knowledge to achieve throughput and yield goals in a safe manner.
- Effectively communicate objectives, priorities and expectations to all team members.
- Evaluate, monitor and provide information concerning employee performance, productivity, compliance to work instructions, and quality of work.
- Establish strong floor presence interacting with leads and operators. Spend at least 75% of time working from central supervisor desk and walking the floor.
- Keep current on and consistently apply company policy. Address and document employee issues (negative or positive) within two business days of event or less.
- Ensure proper shift staffing and effective integration of new employees.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained to successfully accomplish current and future job and skills-development goals. Launch training or retraining as needed.
- Manage and provide information concerning employee attendance.
- Manage and enforce programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property.
- Conduct quarterly 1:1 meetings with production team.
- Effectively manage and address employee relations issues.
- Give recognition for good work.
- Conduct formal employee performance evaluations.
- Assist in developing objectives, personnel plans and requirements based on company objectives and targets; and, ensure that agreed upon goals are met.
- Lead employee information meetings as needed both on and off the production floor.
- Achieve cost-effective output goals.
- Plan daily labor schedules utilizing regular employees and temporary workers to meet production commitments.
- Analyze, report, and prepare quantitative shift assessment based on metrics goals. Account for all variance to targets and fix or propose a solution.
- Assure efficient utilization of machines, including but not limited to:
- Maintain the lines stocked with materials.
- Identify and manage bottlenecks.
- Maximize uptime and schedule preventive maintenance efficiently.
- Cross train and staff of mission-critical operations.
- Reduce waste.
- Report performance against target and account for variances to target.
- Monitor operation for productivity, quality and (documented) specification compliance.
- Ensure adherence to process requirements including execution of the work instructions and temporary deviation notices.
- Achieve minimum shift certification profile and ensure cross training.
- Lead smooth shift transition and effective pass down.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory controls, consistent with the company’s inventory and financial objectives.
- Responsible for corrective actions to address problems associated with processing or operating machines or equipment.
- Make decisions to shutdown equipment or processes when safety or quality is compromised.
- Responsible for the system accuracy of all equipment state transactions.
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues. Articulate findings in production meetings and request timely resolution.
- Own initiating escalation procedures and follow up as required.
- Develop and sustain a professional, positive work environment.
- Visibly active in the day-to-day operations on the floor and readily available to employees.
- Collaborate with area management to effectively communicate relevant company information.
- Collaborate with peers in other departments to achieve inter-departmental goals
- Support process improvement and R&D efforts by engineering. Execute (manufacturing) approved test plans.
- Recommend or facilitate the recommendation of improvements to work instructions and other documented factory procedures.
- Effectively manage line product conversions