All employees of SolarWorld must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment, be able to tolerate ambiguity as we develop processes and operate entrepreneurially to accomplish deliverables. Our employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
Must be available to work a compressed work week, night schedule (Currently Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday in addition to additional days needed to accomplished assigned tasks).
- High school diploma or equivalent, preference for a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Manufacturing Technology or related discipline or applicable work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of automation, in-line process equipment, high-volume manufacturing and assembly using integrated robotics for tasks such as: soldering, stringing, lamination, and test.
- Prior experience with the operation of such equipment and performance of basic PM's, and minor equipment maintenance is required.
- Display professionalism and role model the culture.
- Demonstrate adaptability and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability as a coach, facilitator, and remover of barriers.
- Possess a positive outlook - displaying respect and support other groups.
- Seek opportunities for new learning.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of building a team and providing training and leadership to promote a team oriented working environment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as you will be working in a team environment that is very data-driven.
- Advanced computer skills are required including familiarity with windows-based programs such as Microsoft productivity tools (e.g., Excel, Word). A strong working knowledge of manufacturing or ERP systems and data entry and/or collection from such systems is required.
- An in-depth knowledge of problem-solving methodologies and Lean manufacturing concepts is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment and manufacturing safety procedures is required (e.g., lock-out / tag-out, electrical / high-voltage, chemical, reading MSDS, incident response procedures).
- Prior experience as a peer trainer for manufacturing operation certifications is required.
- Must demonstrate ability to conduct data collection and measurement activities utilizing standard and metric systems.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of 5S, TPM, Lean Manufacturing is required.
- Demonstrated ability in leadership, decision making, problem solving and team building.
- Must be able to travel to other SolarWorld sites domestically and internationally, as required, for knowledge transfer and problem solving. Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid passport.
- Must have the ability to work in a clean room and wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Attendance is an essential function of this position
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a candidate’s successful completion of SolarWorld’s pre-employment drug testing, and background investigation, which includes employment, education and criminal histories.
SolarWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V/G
Offers of employment are contingent upon a candidate’s successful completion of SolarWorld’s pre-employment drug testing and background investigation, which includes employment, education and criminal histories.